It’s not my fault, runways said that animalier print will be en vogue next season. So, some time ago, in my rush of buying anything that could contain snake-print, I got this lovely snake-print summer dress from SheIn, this time in orange shades. It’s lovely for a night out but it’s also super ok to go to work, with boots for instance. Unfortunately it’s really too light to be worn with those temperatures (it’s still snowing in Ireland every now and then). Shall I wait some month to wear it? Absolutely no! I’ll show you some hints to wear a summer dress in winter time.
- Wear a thermic shirt or a turtleneck underneath the dress. Or both (like I did!). The sleeves of this dress are wide enough to contain the sleeves of the turtleneck, and the rounded plain neck is fitting perfectly the high neck of the black thermal top. Wind proof!
- Wear warm tights, like the ones padded with fleece. They will help not feeling the cold even if the dress is super light!
- If you really don’t like thick tights, you can opt for the combo 40 dens tights + over-the-knee socks. They are super chic and feminine, I would love a black pair for this look!
- Another choice (the one that I went for) is to wear lighter tights (40 den) with over-the-knee boots and thick socks. Et voilà!
- Sometimes lights fabrics can have some static, especially when they are in contact with synthetic garments of thermic gear. There are 2 tricks here. The first one is to wash your dress with soft conditioner. The particles left on the dress will help removing the static before it comes, absorbing the electricity generated. If you need a very last-minute help removing the static, you can use a metallic hanger, passing it over the whole dress. The difference in potential and the conductivity of the metal will absorb all the static. Easy peasy, and the skirt will be super light afterwards!
On top of everything, I wore my super comfy and flaffy coat. I didn’t feel any cold and, in the restaurant and the pub, I could show my nice new dress. Do you like it? If you do, I’ll leave you with 15% discount over an order of 59€ using onceupontime code at checkout, that you can use on SheIn website to buy my dress [you can find it HERE] or anything you like, with that threshold you will get an amazing haul! Let me know what you think, have a nice day everyone!